As FVDI Commander products are upgraded to new versions, I often receive emails from customers asking about software and driver upgrade recently. Most of them are inquiring about FVDI Renault. The driver in FVDI products are actually the same. So here I would like to write a quick guide about updating FVDI driver to latest 2015.6.2 version.
If your FVDI driver is 2.10 version:
1. Please download the following FVDI driver upgrade zip package:
2. Once the package is downloaded, please check the video below, FVDI_NEW_Download_V2015_6.2_install_video,
http://www.eobd2.fr/upload/pro/fvdi_new_download_v2015_6.2_install_video.zip and follow it to install and update the driver. There is an authorized file and installation guide of the package in Step 1, showing you how to update the driver.
If your FVDI driver is 2.08.14 version:
Please download the FVDI V2015.6.2 install video above (Step 2) and follow the video to perform the installation and update.
If the driver version is after 2014.12:
If you have the 2014.12 driver and the new version disk, please follow the video below to update the driver:
Note: You can only activate authorization for the FVDI product you bought, for example, if you bought Renault FVDI commander, please click the Renault logo for activation.
One of the FVDI customers who got his 2015 FVDI PSA V6.7 ABRITES Commander for Peugeot and Citroen with software USB dongle newly upgraded to V6.3. When he ran the FVDI PSA V6.3 software, the system displayed the error “CANNOT SET AVDI LATENCY TIMER”.
Eobd2.fr OBD2 diagnostic tool dealer offers solution here:
1) Disable and Reinstall all of the previous version software.
2) Update the FVDI firmware to V6.3 as well. Old version firmware is not compatible with FVDI commander V6.3 software.
3) After update FVDI commander diagnostic interface to the V6.3, please provide the serial number and the factory will open the authorization for you.
4) Do some com port settings.
a. Click Property>>Port, select USB Serial port (COM 3)
b. Select Port setting, click Advanced
c. Set and change the Latency timer value as 16.
Free Download FVDI V6.3 software
As the replacement of FVDI Commander, SVDI PSA Commander now has been launched into market, while it seems only being sold on several online shops that I find. I have notice that this new product has listed on Eobd2, and I want to get for my Peugeot this gadget.
Both FVDI and SVDI Commander are sharing many similarities.
1. Same function: identification, read and clear DTCs, clear DTC explanation, live data display, electronic control unit configuration and more, additionally including some other special functions.
If you want to know, please click the following link:
2. Same language coverage: English, Francais and Turkish.
3. Same car vehicle: both two tools are especially designed for Peugeot and Citroen.
Under the condition that they have so many similarities, SVDI PAS Commander is obviously more advantageous. It only needs to pay €235.00 (US$296.00), which is lower than the price of FVDI (US$460.00). Additionally, you can get free TAG Key Tool Software if you buy this new arrive SVDI PAS Commander.
SVDI PAS Commander is doomed to be your best choice for Peugeot and Citroen to do diagnosis.